Vitiligo is an auto-immune condition in which there is a loss of pigment from the affected area, leading to development of white patches. As opposed to the common myth, it is not infectious, doesnt happen because of eating fish, or citrus food. But, it can affect any individual, whether young or old, and any body part, from hair to lips and genital area.
Although non-infectious, vitiligo is associated with considerable stigma, and takes a mental and social impact on the affected individual.
Book An Appointment
Signs & Symptoms
The symptoms of vitiligo is same in all individuals; there is development of white patches, without any redness, itching or pain. But, the type of patches or area and extent of involvement varies.
Affected area include-
- Any body part
- Genital area
- Whole body
- Thyroid disorder
- Similar complaints in family
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Nutritional deficiencies, like lack of Vitamin D
- Do not use home remedies, like applying garlic/ onion paste
- Do not use steroids unsupervised
- Take medications for thyroid or other disorder which you may have
- Take medications for any nutritional deficiency which you may have
At Skinfinity Derma, we offer a wide range of treatment options to help you manage vitiligo effectively. Our team of dermatologists will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan based on the severity, location and extent of vitiligo
Some of the most common treatments we offer for include:
- Topical medications: These include creams, lotions, ointments, serums, ranging from immunosuppresants to immunomodulators. The goal is to supress the disease from spreading, and to re-pigment the area.
- Oral medications: A wide variety of oral medications are helpful in vitiligo, and are decided by the dermatologists based on the severity of the conditions.
- Biologic drugs: These are medications that are designed to target specific parts of the immune system that are responsible for vitiligo.
- We also focus on repigmentation of the affected area, and many treatments are available, like micropigmentation, lasers, injection therapies.