Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory condition, which ranges from mild dandruff to severe sebopsoriasis. It can affect both infants (infantile form) and adults (adult form). Seborrhea means excess sebum production, and dermatitis refers to the inflammation associated with it.
In the mild forms, it presents as Dandruff or Pityriasis capitis, in which there is mild flaking, which may be associated with itching on scalp, or other hair-bearing sites like eyebrows, beard, sides of nose, behind the ears. In severe forms, there is redness, itching, excessive scaling, deposits of those scales on scalp. Somestimes, this severe form is seen in association with psoriasis, and is known as Sebopsoriasis.
Book An Appointment
Signs & Symptoms
Symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis is widely variable, and includes-
- Flaking on scalp
- Thick rashes on scalp, or other sites
- Heaps of scale deposition
Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory condition. Although seen usually without any reason, it is sometimes caused by Malasezzia infection.
- Oiling of hair
- Scalp infection
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Poor water quality
- Excessive alcohol intake
It can get triggered because of certain factors like-
- Do not oil hair
- Regular headwash of hair
- Use of medicated anti-dandruff shampoo
- Use of filtered water for headwash
- Use of dermatologist precribed scalp solutions
At Skinfinity Derma, we offer a wide range of treatment options to help you manage seborrheic dermatitis effectively. Our team of dermatologists will work with you to create a treatment plan for seborrheic dermatitis effectively.
Some of the most common treatments we offer for include:
- Topical medications- These are serums and lotions which work on reducing the irritation, flaking, redness and excessive sebum production of scalp.
- Medicated shampoos- These shampoos contain compounds which reduce flaking and clear the scalp.
- Oral medications- There are tablets to reduce the severity of condition, itching, any other infection which may develop.
- Scalp cleansing therapy/ Scalp mesotherapy- These are in-clinic treatments provided at Skinfinity Derma, which improve seborrheic dermatitis by working on the root cause.