What is it?
It's a mark on the skin that is present by birth or is seen just a few days after birth. It can be seen anywhere in the body.
It is basically an overgrowth of blood vessels, melanocytes, fat fibroblasts or keratinocytes cell.
Sometimes they do disappear later in life but majority persist till lifetime.
It can range in color like black, blue, tan or red and even white.
Sometimes, birthmarks are present in areas like face, head or any exposed areas of body that makes a little discomfort to the patient socially. So there are ways to eliminate these birthmarks.
Book An Appointment
Types of birthmarks
1. Moles- congenital nevi, color is pink to brown or black in color.
2. Cafe au- lait- spot- oval in shape and appear as coffee in milk.
3. Mongolian spot- blue in color, pigmented birthmark often seen in babies and disappears with age.
4. Haemangiomas- red in color, vascular birthmark.
5. Port wine - most often seen on the face.
6. Nevus of ota- mostly seen as hyperpigmentation surrounding eye.
Birthmark Treatments available at Skinfinity Clinic
1. Q switched laser treatment- high intensity laser light goes deep into the skin and breaks the pigment into fragments thus diminishes birthmark without any damage to surrounding skin.
This laser works best for any type of scar and it has very good results in nevus of ota
2. Electrocautery- haemangioma can be removed with cauterization and without any scar mostly in one session only.
3. Pulse dye laser- port wine birthmark can be removed with pulsed dye laser. It is highly advanced laser.
4. Camouflage makeup- At Skinfinity Clinic we provide medical grade makeup to hide birthmarks and we also teach on how to camouflage the birthmark which cannot be treated. Different shades are available, we first analyse the patient’s skin and select the perfect shade for them. It is a waterproof makeup that lasts for up to 24 hours.
5. Co2 laser- Highly intensed energy laser is useful in treatment of haemangioma (pink or red colored vascular birthmark)
Removes Disfiguring Mark
Safe for Face
Safe For Body
Prevent Cancerous Change
Non Invasive Treatment
What's at Skinfinity?
- The most important step in birthmark removal is to diagnose the type of birthmark and detect any inflammatory or atypical cell changes in the birthmark, which our dermatologists expertise in.
- Latest and advanced tools are used for the procedure
- Every machine used for the procedures is US-FDA approved
- Proper sterilization is our top most priority to avoid any kind of infection and thus the procedure becomes risk free
- Number of sessions and the nature of the treatment are always planned according to individual consultation with our dermatologist
- Procedure is performed by expert cosmetologist
- The desire of the patient is always kept in mind in order to give the best and optimum result
- All pre and post operative instructions are always given to the patient before and after the procedure
- Regular follow up calls by the clinic to ensure patient is not facing any discomfort
- Every procedure is explained properly to the patient regarding downtime and any special instructions
- In case of any discomfort patient can also contact clinic any time during working hours for any support regarding treatment
- The results of the treatments are long lasting and even permanent for some chronic skin problems, as our cosmetologists advise the right diet and products according to individual skin types to maintain and enhance the results.
- All treatments are designed by our team of expert dermatologists and cosmetologist headed by Dr. Ipshita Johri who is a celebrity aesthetician with versatile high-end work experience in the field of beauty and anti-ageing.
- The doctors performing laser treatments at Skinfinity are trained cosmetologists who have gone through extensive process of education and training.
- Use of world’s best and latest technology, beauty machines and chemical free beauty products.